Date: 8 February 2016
Venue: DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town Upper Eastside 31 Brickfield Road Woodstock, Cape Town South Africa
Objectives of the event:
In November 2015, UN Women Multi Country Office in collaboration with the hosted by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) Human Sciences Research Council, the UN Women Multi Country Office and the Centre for the Applied Legal Studies, University of Witwatersrand. The seminar took place on 25 November 2015 and focused on ‘Exploring policy and practice for Gender responsive mining sector’. UN Women would like to use the Alternative Mining Indaba platform to share key findings and engage participants on the key recommendations in order to explore how these can be operationalised.
The specific objectives of the consultation meeting are as follows:
- To distribute the research policy brief with purpose of receiving input from associations
- To highlight gaps in the policy brief
- To identify good practices implemented else where
- Explore areas and opportunities to promote gender responsive policy and practice in mining in South Africa.
- Development of a forward-looking communique for gender equality in South Africa Proposed activities Page 4
These objectives will be achieved through the following proposed activities:
- Overview: Mining and gender equality in South Africa
- Presentation on the Research Policy brief Recommendations
- Presentation on Regional good practices
- Discussion on recommendations
- Way forward
Please RSVP to: Ayanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the full concept paper here.