Thank you for participating in the 7th Alternative Mining Indaba.
We look forward to seeing you again in 2017.
Media queries can be directed to the AMI Media Officer Bukelwa Voko, email@example.com
AMI 2016 Updates
Objectives of the AMI2016:
- To provide a platform for communities affected by the extractives industries to reclaim their rights through the formulation of alternatives.
- To advocate for transparent, equitable and just extractives practices in the management, governance and distribution of national resources through policy and legislative reform.
- To create meaningful decision-making processes for communities, advocating for just national and regional policies and corporate practices.
- To provide space for engagement for the communities affected by mining, inter-faith communities, governments, CSO’s and private sector to share information and experiences.
- To provide space for the inter-faith community to lead and accompany affected and impacted communities.
On the Agenda for the AMI2016:
- Panel discussions on conducted research and testimonies that highlight the main issues in the extractives industry and provide possible concrete strategies and campaigns to remedy the issues.
- Thematic sessions where policy recommendations are offered to priority issues identified at National Mining Indabas.
- A march to the Africa Mining Indaba, to submit an AMI Declaration.
- An exhibition space where mining companies will be invited to see the impact of unsustainable extraction on communities.
- Debate on a selected topic in the extractive industry.
- Mining Legal Clinic where human rights lawyers will offer legal advice to communities.
- Half day capacity building workshop for the communities on priority topics in the extractives sector.
Our stakeholders and sponsors
The Economic Justice Network of the Fellowship of Christian Councils in Southern Africa (EJN of FOCCISA) are pleased to invite you to the 7th Alternative Mining Indaba in collaboration with:
Zimbabwe Environmental Lawyers Association (ZELA)
Publish What You Pay (PWYP)
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
South African Council of Churches (SACC)
Bench Marks Foundation
Council of Churches Zambia
Zimbabwe Council of Churches